JOB OPENING: Property Manager-Gallup
December 13, 2019
Property Manager – Gallup, NM
Part Time –30 Hours Per Week; Pay Rate: $14-$16 per hour
SUMMARY: The Property Manager is responsible for the overall operations of Supportive Housing Coalition of New Mexico (SHC) apartment homes to include maintaining a high occupancy rate; operating within budget; coordinating the work of the Maintenance Technician, Courtesy Monitors, and other service providers; assessing, collecting and depositing tenant rent, late charges, damage, and other charges; and maintaining the Onesite database.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervise Maintenance staff; work with supervisor on staff reviews, corrective actions, disciplinary issues
- Show community and apartments to prospective residents; follow up with prospective renters
- Develop marketing strategies to generate traffic, maximize rents, and retain quality residents
- Prepare required weekly, monthly and quarterly reports on a timely basis
- Implement effective lease renewal and/or re-certification program
- Walk apartments and grounds daily to ensure quality control; inspect property and vacant units on a regular basis; monitor and coordinate repairs and resident service requests
- Provide excellent customer service/relations with residents, staff members, monitoring agencies, and vendors
- Maintain awareness of property performance goals and progress toward those goals, including occupancy and leasing; minimize vacancy, delinquency, bad debts, and any other rent related losses
- Shop competitive apartment communities and compile market survey
- Mediate differences between tenants and resolve day to day tenant issues
- Prepare purchase orders for supplies as needed for the properties
- Ensure that all units are able to accept Section 8 vouchers as appropriate
- Ensure accurate and timely transfer of data, including rent rosters and month-end reports to Supervisor
- Collect, code, and check vendors’ invoices/statements before submitted to Finance
- Ensure tenant files are compliant with monitoring agencies’ requirements; provide required tenant files and data to monitoring agencies upon request
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- General knowledge all aspects of property management and paperwork
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, customer service, and organizational skills with accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and create a positive work environment
- Strong level of customer service, attention to detail, organized, competitive, and follow through to completion; ability to multi-task and prioritize duties
- Ability to handle a high volume of work and to meet weekly and monthly goals and expectations
- Proficient in MS Excel, Outlook, Word, and OneSite
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Fair Housing Act, the New Mexico Human Rights Act, and the Uniform Owner-Resident Relations Act
- Demonstrated experience with federally subsidized properties such as HUD 811 or LIHTC properties
- Experience and ability to work with persons who have special needs, in particular those with a behavioral health diagnosis and who are experiencing homelessness
- Bi-lingual preferred
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Associate’s Degree or related work experience in lieu of but must include High School diploma
- Minimum three years apartment management experience
- Minimum two years sales/leasing experience
- Minimum of two years experience with tax-credit properties
Please include in your cover letter responses to the following:
- How many years of management experience do you have?
- How many years of Property Management experience do you have?
- How many years of sales/leasing experience do you have?
- What is the highest level of education you have completed?
- Are you willing to undergo a background check, in accordance with local law/regulations?
SHC is an EEO Employer